1. What inspired you to publish your book?
For many years, even when I worked in corporate America, I enjoyed cooking and sharing my love for cooking with others consistently. People have often asked me how I make this or that, so I decided to put some of my recipes into a book for everyone to enjoy.
2. What can readers take away from your book?
Cooking can be fun and not seen as a chore or job but a way to show love to people with food.
3. What was your writing process like?
Interesting and time consuming because I had never written recipes down. The mental process to create the recipe on paper challenged me but it was worth it.
4. Are you planning to write other books?
Yes, I am thinking about a Volume 2, featuring fine dining recipes and international recipes with a Southern flair.
5. What's a cool or interesting fact about yourself?
I worked in corporate America for over 25 years in sales and marketing, achieved "Circle of Excellence," and that took me to countries I never dreamed I would visit, thus causing my love for travel. I am a stickler for good etiquette. Also, another fun fact, I drove my son to high school daily for about 2 years at a distance of 60 miles round trip.
6. What is some advice you would give aspiring or first-time authors?
Put your thoughts on paper when they come to the forefront of your mind.