1. What inspired you to publish your book? My sons were the inspiration to publish my book. I wanted them to be able to read a book that they could relate to. Most importantly, I wanted my sons to know their self-worth and identity, and how powerful they would be once they tapped into their gifts and talents. I believe that my book is real and raw, yet creative for younger minds.
2. What can readers take away from your book? Readers will take away several points. First, self-identity is crucial to the development of a young person. Additionally, everyone has something to contribute to the world - there are no two people alike on this earth. We are all uniquely designed for a reason. Lastly, life brings about challenges.
Sometimes, we have to pass through storms in order to see the sunshine.
3. What was your writing process like? My writing process was interesting. Lol. I started writing this book about five years ago. I didn’t know then what I know now. I struggled with my own self- confidence, causing the writing/publishing process to be delayed.
However, once I understood the value that this book would bring not only to my sons, but also to other young men, I was motivated to keep going.
4. Are you planning to write other books? In the future, I am definitely planning to write more books, and I already have ideas. This is ONLY the beginning for me. Look out for author Hester – she is on the move now!
5. What's a cool or interesting fact about yourself? A cool or interesting fact about me is that I wrote my first book at the age of 8. I even won a state award for it.
6. What is some advice you would give aspiring or first-time authors? I would tell aspiring authors to keep going no matter what. Write every day. During the beginning of the publishing process, I was a little distracted. I had to detach by pulling back from people, places and things. Also, write about what you are passionate about and what you believe in. Remember WHY you started writing in the first place. No one can tell your story better than you, and self- confidence is the key to seeing it come to fruition.
Photo Credit: Jlaurynphotography
Pre-Order Your Copy Here!